Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara’s Quality Engineering (QE) team uses test engineering and data analysis skills to drive product quality so that our customers can realize the full benefits of our platform. In addition to testing the product, the QE team seeks to cultivate a quality culture that produces best in class product reliability, usability, and performance across all of our product development teams.
Firmware forms the foundation of our platform, providing the data that powers our platform. We’re looking for an experienced Firmware Quality Engineering leader who will lead, coach, and manage our team of Firmware Quality Engineers.
In this role, you will:
- Hire, lead, and coach/mentor a high impact team of Firmware Quality Engineers.
- Introduce and guide the implementation of industry best practices for QA and test engineering.
- Stand up QE team mission, structure, and key performance metrics, and ensure they are achieved.
- Establish processes, systems, and tools to help scale a global QE team.
- Work cross-functionally across product, engineering, and the broader organization to build a culture of quality and define a long term quality assurance strategy
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer science, Electrical engineering, or similar technical field.
- Experience managing and scaling Quality Engineering or Test Engineering teams, with a successful history as an individual contributor.
- History of managing distributed teams; experience standing up test labs and vetting, managing testing vendors.
- Experience testing firmware and embedded systems whose data powers IOT systems, including web applications and mobile applications.
- Extremely data-driven; able to stand up monitoring services, test automation, and quality analytics tools.
- Ability to balance between optimizing for speed to market, iterating based on feedback, and shipping quality product.
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering high quality products. Not afraid to get your hands dirty, and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience testing and/or leading firmware quality engineering teams for IOT systems
- Experience working in hyper growth organizations
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work remotely through June 2021 from any US state or country in which they have a valid work authorization. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.