Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About this role:
We are looking for a commercially astute Senior Director, Finance - Order to Cash with a demonstrable track record of working in fast-paced environments and experience of change management, process re-engineering, and spear-heading multiple projects. The Senior Director, Finance - Order to Cash will be a key decision-maker and instrumental to leading our top line and cash growth. This person will lead a large team of credit analysts, accounts receivable accountants, and billing specialists in our Atlanta office, though we are also open to Bay Area or remote locations for this role.
The Senior Director, Finance - Order to Cash will be responsible for leading the finance functions directly working with our customers including our credit, accounts receivable, and collections teams. This role will interface frequently with various finance teams (Corporate Accounting Teams, FP&A, and Treasury) as well as cross-functional departments (Operations, Sales Operations, Customer Success). The role reports to the VP of Finance and is part of the senior leadership team. The business is experiencing an exciting period of growth and transformation. The successful candidate will work closely with the VP of Finance to drive business performance and assist in the continued credit, cash collection, and AR management of a high growth SaaS startup.
In this role, you will:
- Create, implement and refine credit policies and procedures for our customers
- Manage third party finance partners, resellers, channel partners as they interact with our customers
- Manage our cash flow and provide insight into customer payment methods, the likelihood of payments made on time, managing delinquent accounts
- Create and determine metrics to measure the team’s performance, provide insights to the business on emerging trends
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate has:
- At least 15 years of combined technical accounting experience in a public accounting and technology organization, including 5+ years of management experience.
- Big 4 experience required and CPA certification is highly preferred.
- Experience in Netsuite and Salesforce preferred.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Consistent track record of strong organizational skills
- The ability to thrive in a changing environment and be able to work with senior management to influence decision making, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.