Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is a fast-paced, creative, and customer-oriented tech company with offices in San Francisco, Atlanta and London. We are looking for a highly experienced individual to join our team as a Manager, Accounts Receivable (AR). In this role, you’ll need to be a partner to the business and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Company’s AR processes and teams. We’re looking for a people manager who’s capable of driving change, building best in class processes, and developing leading metrics to ensure efficient collection of receivables.
- Manage our team of billing specialists, handling escalations and ensuring they are supported and meeting SLAs
- Oversee collections efforts for specific segments of the business
- Hire and train stain staff, ensuring all training and process docs are updated to meet changes in the business
- Create reports in Netsuite and Salesforce to assist with reporting and to meet requests of the organization
- Developing team, ensuring we are hiring on track and building for the future
- Set team expectations, follow-through and hold team accountable for deliverables
- Set the customer experience standard and deliver consistently
- Collaborate effectively and positively with Sales, Operations and Finance teams across Samsara
- Expert in excel, able to quickly manipulate and analyze data to facilitate decisions
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
- 4+ years experience in a AR/accounting role
- 1+ years experience in a people management role, indirect management (team lead) okay
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in finance or accounting
- Detail-oriented, high-energy, positive disposition and excellent communications skills
- Focused on teamwork and collaboration
- Process Optimization/Strategy Experience
- Stellar Customer Service Skills - ability to problem solve customer issues to resolution
- Experience with large customer interaction volume
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership and delivering results in a leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Experience with Netsuite and Salesforce preferred
- Experience in a Saas/Subscription based business is a plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.