Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the team:
Samsara hardware products are plug and play, and core to the product portfolio. The hardware team is responsible for industrial design, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and supply chain. Everyone here has a big impact on bringing products to market. We focus on the key creative/design/problem-solving and bolster our development resources with top JDMs, toolmakers, and suppliers.
About the role:
As the Director of Hardware Engineering in Taiwan (TW), you will plan and direct all hardware aspects of engineering activities and projects within the Hardware Engineering organization. You main goal will be to ensure all of the engineering projects, initiatives, and the processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives. You will manage EE, ME, SW, QA and ePM (and other local resources) reporting to you, and you will report to the VP of Hardware Engineering in the United States (US).
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of Engineers in TW and Engineering Program Managers in TW and US.
- Hire and manage a multi-disciplinary team of engineers in TW (EE, ME, SW, QA, EPM…) with dotted-line to the US to their respective area.
- Ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication between Software, Hardware, Product Management, Operations and JDM/ODM in TW.
- Plan and execute engineering builds, including Proto, EVT, DVT & PVT, including materials planning and factory readiness.
- Manage internal and external review processes.
- Drive NPI and Operations on early-stage materials preparation and component qualification.
- Experience navigating various product certifications standards (FCC, PTCRB, IC, IP, etc for various products and countries).
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
An ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years of management experience
- 15+ years experience in hardware engineering program management - proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects and factory build events
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, creative and critical problem-solving capabilities
- Experienced with rapid development cycles and solution-oriented
- Ability to support international travel for JDM interface and build events
- BS or MS degree in Engineering required Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.