Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About this role:
We are looking for an analytical, ambitious, and prudent Treasury Analyst to support the growing Treasury Team. This opportunity requires an intrapreneurial individual with high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and an enthusiastic attitude. Candidates must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, thrive in a high autonomy environment, enjoy learning new skills, procedures, and systems, and have an overall desire to contribute to company growth.
In this role, you will:
- Support near-term cash forecasting and reporting
- Support all Risk Management activities, including the Company-wide corporate insurance program
- Manage weekly international forecast reporting both timely and efficiently
- Support FX Risk Management exposure mitigation and reporting
- Manage global cash repatriation management and legal entity funding to ensure cash optimization
- Support monthly and quarterly treasury reporting
- Work collaborative with AP and AR to maximize cash conversion and interest income
- Work collaboratively with FP&A to provide timely forecast updates and information
- Work with Treasury Accountant to onboard new employees into banking platforms
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and recommend changes and improvements to Treasury processes and systems to ensure scalability
- Work closely with individuals at all levels of the Company to support ad hoc projects
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- BA or BS required - preferably in accounting, finance, or economics
- 3-4+ years Treasury, FP&A and/or Accounting experience desired
- Broad understanding of banking services, standards, best practices, clearing systems, and payment technologies
- General knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting
- Broad understanding of the Capital Markets
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with analytical prowess
- Ability to lead projects with confidence, clarity, and follow-through
- Must be able to meet or exceed deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work across the organization
- Experience with NetSuite, SFDC, Bloomberg, and Tableau a plus
- Knowledge of TMS (Treasury Management Systems)
- Ability to perform ad hoc process improvement project management
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.