Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
The Legal Project Manager will help build the organizational backbone for the Legal Team by providing administrative support and managing projects across a range of legal issues, including transactional, litigation, privacy, intellectual property, and employment matters. You are eager to join a team that cultivates camaraderie, works cross-functionally with teams across Samsara, and sees itself as a key driver to Samsara’s business. You will be a legal ambassador to the company and in a position to help drive team direction and culture.
The ideal candidate must be extremely organized, resourceful, and detail-oriented. You also must be excited to work across an array of projects and tasks, from researching complex legal issues to organizing meetings. No project is too daunting and no task is too small. Equipped with your legal eagle eye for details, ability to deliver information in a clear and concise way, and reserves of energy and self-motivation, you’re excited to join us and contribute to a dynamic company and team.
In this role you will:
- Provide administrative support (executing, signing, filing documents, etc.) and maintain the legal filing and contract management systems
- Manage and triage legal requests
- Support functions related to vendor management, knowledge management and development project management
- Partner closely with outside counsel and business stakeholders from teams such as Engineering, Product, Sales, People Operations, and Finance to manage legal matters
- Operationalize tools and processes for the team
- Establish processes, internal tools, and resources to better scale legal matters
- Support the Legal Team on a wide range of everyday tasks and projects
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- BA/BS with a strong academic record from a top university
- 1+ years of legal, paralegal, and/or administrative experience, preferably in a SaaS-based technology company and with experience working cross-functionally with multiple teams
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Availability during nights and weekends as needed
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and is extremely well-organized
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage and improve processes and tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.