Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
One of our company principles, “Adopt a growth mindset,” is built on the idea that individuals who apply a growth mindset can gain skills and be successful through hard work. As our internal Learning Designer and Facilitator, you will be responsible for enabling our leaders and staff to do their best work by leading the creation, facilitation, and operation of our company-wide learning initiatives.
This is a full time position at our office in Potrero Hill, and includes Lyft/Uber commuter benefits, stock options, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision benefits.
A Learning Designer & Facilitator at Samsara will:
- Create learning content for both our manager training series as well as our all staff trainings that is practical and relevant.
- Excellent facilitation skills in both large and small group settings, with both in-person and virtual participants, and audiences spanning leadership and individual contributors, across a variety of backgrounds.
- Leaves participants with the ability to easily apply learnings in their day-to-day.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the People Programs team and People Partners to ensure that content is relevant to the organizational needs.
- Act as first level of program support for key partners and employee questions related to philosophy, guidance, data and policy
- Provide outstanding program management support, including keeping partners appropriately engaged and up-to-date; actively resolving project, design, or resource issues; collaborating with cross-functional partners
- Measure the efficacy of the various trainings and learning initiatives and iterate on feedback.
- Strong ability to build trust and credibility with training participants.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- 6+ years working in learning and development or human resources.
- Experience developing and facilitating engaging, creative, and impactful learning experiences to improve individual and organizational performance and development.
- Experience working in a fast paced organization with quickly changing business needs.
- Strong understanding of the various people management and people leadership pillars (feedback skills, coaching, difficult conversations, etc).
- Excellent ability to collaborate with stakeholders and team members.
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”.
- Ability to travel to other offices.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.