Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara is looking for a highly motivated Workplace Manager interested in getting involved in a high growth IoT tech company to support our offices in San Jose and San Mateo. We are looking for a strategic thinker with experience in managing office services (catering, snacks, janitorial, etc.) in a growing environment. Demonstrated experience in facilities and customer service is required.
The ideal candidate prides themselves on their quality of work and relationship building skills. Experience managing an office with a robust offering of internal events and high profile external guests are must-haves to be successful in the role. Diligent follow-up, attention to detail, and an ability to develop and execute best practices that align with our culture, will be a big asset. If you thrive in an exciting and evolving company, you'll play a critical part in scaling our business. We’re looking for a problem solver who believes no task is too big (or too small!), finds solutions, and is thoughtful in translating Samsara’s values to the workplace.
In this role you will:
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
- Oversee day-to-day workplace services and vendor management including catering, snacks, janitorial, etc.
- Manage overall office budget and make recommendations for cost savings when applicable
- Act as liaison between building management and Places team
- On-site event management and coordination
- Coordinate moves, adds, and changes
- Partner with Marketing to manage swag distribution as needed
- Team-lead to front desk and office coordinators; provide mentorship and guidance on best practices in vendor management, office services, employee experience, etc.
- Ad-hoc workplace projects as needed
An ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3+ years office management experience
- Experience in a tech startup environment preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Google Suite and Zendesk
- Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be resourceful, proactive, and self-sufficient in issues that may arise
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and move around small office furniture if needed
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.