Samsara’s network of hardware devices delivers terabytes of data per day to our IoT platform, providing real time data to 10,000+ customers worldwide, from emerging businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises.
With our connected camera products, customers can view footage from their vehicles and access safety information about their drivers. They use features like real-time GPS tracking, aggregate analytics reporting, and alerting of unsafe driver behavior to better understand and optimize their operations and coach their drivers.
Technical Project Managers at Samsara are both strategic and tactical and do what it takes to successfully deliver key programs that have a material impact on the business. This position is part of the newly forming Business Systems team and based in our San Francisco HQ.
Sr. Technical Project Manager
The Sr. Technical Project Manager position within Business Systems team is responsible for the management of technical and non-technical projects. The role requires someone with strong communication and organization skills with specific emphasis on ERP, CRM and Systems Integrations projects, QA Automation, and experience with Agile methodology. This individual needs to be able to work in a fast-paced and fun environment, needs to be detailed oriented, and a problem solver. You should enjoy a team setting where your success depends heavily on the success of project teams and the organization.
- Manage the intake of all project requests coming to the Business Systems team
- Periodically facilitate prioritization meetings with cross-functional stakeholders
- Manage a portfolio of cross-functional projects in a fast-paced environment
- Develop project plans, resource plans, with accuracy and in collaboration with technical resources
- Facilitate, capture and provide metrics on the project benefits for dissemination across the leadership
- Facilitate project requirements, manage issues and risks to deliver desired business outcomes. Ensure the project deliverable meets the highest standard in terms of quality
- Work pro-actively with the stakeholders to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or time frames. Creatively develop plans to mitigate any issues that affect the project deliverable
- Facilitate successful project testing cycles
- Coach individual scrum teams on Agile processes and best practices and drive adoption of Agile
- Manage change management communications, project status, and project design/delivery presentations
- Build strong partnerships by maintaining a professional and extremely positive attitude with every interaction
- Metrics driven management of projects and service delivery. Define, capture and measure performance metrics
- Tracking and monitoring work
- Lead Project meetings/scrum ceremonies and set expectations for project teams
- Facilitate to ensure there is no disruption to the service delivery
- Participate in design & build activities to ensure smooth delivery
- Fosters innovation and best practices
- 10 years’ experience in technical project management and technical expertise on one or more of the following areas ERP(NetSuite or other ERP), CRM(Salesforce or other CRM, iPaaS(Mulesoft, Dell Boomi or Informatica), QA Automation tools
- Experience in Agile methodology and coaching teams to establish Agile
- 5+ years of experience in a project management role with accountability of delivering on technical projects
- Detailed oriented, self-driven, with strong problem solving skills is required
- Excellent written and verbal communications with the ability to perform presentations at all levels is required
- Experience with vetting business and technical requirements and ability to effectively negotiate and strong creativity is required
- Ability to work in a fast paced, evolving, and agile work environment is required
- Proven leadership skills
- Analytical and strong organizational skills, with excellent verbal and written ability
- Proficiency with related software tools including but not limited to, JIRA, Asana, MS Excel, etc.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.