Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
As a Senior Mobile Applications Engineer on our Fleet Applications team at Samsara, you will architect and develop cutting-edge software for our flagship mobile application and other upcoming Samsara mobile products. You will lead the design and development of features across a broad surface area to drive impact for current and future customers. You’ll own and coordinate solving engineering challenges that range from designing data structures for offline persistence to presenting data analytics in intuitive and performant ways on mobile devices.
We use React Native, Typescript, Redux, and GraphQL for our mobile apps, and Golang for our backend. Direct experience with these technologies is not required.
Mobile Application Engineers at Samsara might work on:
- The next generation of design systems for our mobile applications
- Fast and resilient mobile build and deploy infrastructure
- Live rendering and animating for thousands of vehicles concurrently on country-scale maps
- A system for retrieving, viewing, and performing coaching for videos of harsh event incidents
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would:
- Have 4+ years of relevant industry experience in software development
- Have contributed heavily to driving significant value to their customers
- Have built production mobile applications using either Native or React Native frameworks
- Enjoy understanding our users and what would make their day to day processes easier to manage
- Love shipping features that are immediately used by our customers
- Seek to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
If you are excited by the idea of working at a fast-growing company, being constantly challenged by and learning from high-caliber engineers, owning and shaping product development, and ultimately growing a world-class engineering team, we’d love to have you join our team! This position is based in our San Francisco HQ.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.