Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
This position will be part of the Business Systems team. The goal of the Business Systems team is to create and deliver on meaningful, large scale technology programs that increase the ROI of Samsara’s systems and technology and improve the overall value and performance of the organization. We make systems/processes more efficient, reduce manual, low-value work, and enable the company to run better, make better decisions, and ultimately be more profitable.
As Technical Systems Architect you will be responsible for capturing current state business systems architecture with detailed process flows and current system controls, define target architecture, technical solution architecture and drive solution design and implementation for Business Systems to meet the needs of a growing business. This position is required to have a deep understanding of multiple domains (ERP, CRM, iPaaS, Microservices architecture etc) and the ability to recommend the right technical solutions for business problems. .
This is a technical hands-on role to strategically design, implement and support in-house and cloud information systems. This role will lead the evaluation of technologies required to scale the business. In addition, it will provide technical leadership and strategic decision making at the project planning level, and work closely with decision makers and stakeholders across departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the business. This person will also assist with the definition and implementation of Business Systems policies, procedures, and best practices.
In this role you will work on:
- Document current business systems architecture with detailed process flows and system control
- Define the target state systems architecture for Business Systems to meet the needs of a growing global business
- Analyze business requirements and lead the architecture, design and implementation of highly scalable and flexible business applications using modern best-of-breed technologies
- Evangelize the architecture with senior management, business stakeholders, development and deployment teams
- Collaborate with business partners, business systems and Implementation teams, vendors and other stakeholders, to find the right solutions for solving business problems
- Oversee the alignment of the implementation with the defined architecture (by conducting design reviews and implement development best practices)
- Scan the market trends and Identify appropriate technologies to define the solution architecture
- Mentor the technical team in Business Systems
- Providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership; influencing, mentoring, and coaching team members; fostering open dialogue amongst team members; evaluating and responding to the strengths and weaknesses of self and unit members; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or equivalent field and 10+ years of experience
- 6 years of experience in technical systems architecture and design for business applications
- Experience designing and implementation of Microservices architecture
- Hands-on technical experience with CRM(preferably Salesforce), ERP (Netsuite, Workday etc) and iPaaS (Mulesoft, Dell Boomi, Informatica)
- Knowledge of business systems that support multiple business domains(Marketing, Sales, Support, Services, Finance, HR)
- Be self-managed and promote learning in others by soliciting and acting on feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities;
- One or more of the following certifications: TOGAF 9 (The Open Group), CTA(Salesforce), AWS Certified Solutions Architect or other equivalent certifications.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.