Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer at a valuation of $6.3B.
Reporting to the CFO, this role will serve as a key member of the finance leadership team and as a business-facing interface of the finance organization with partners across the company. You will be responsible for delivering value-added business analysis as well as defining and reporting financial and operational metrics that lead to insightful, accurate business decision-making. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, analytical, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has a proven track record of building and leading a successful team.
This is a full-time position at our office in San Francisco and includes Lyft/Uber commuter benefits; RSUs; 401(k) match; catered lunch four days a week; and 100% coverage on medical, dental, and vision benefits.
In this role, you will:
- Build trusted relationships with senior executives across the company through financial support, and devise a financial strategy and plan that supports the company’s long-term financial targets
- Provide strategic insight and recommendations to the business on its financial performance, focusing on KPIs, trends, and analytics to help meet the company’s long-term growth plans
- Establish enhanced forecasting reporting processes for business partners, the executive team, and the Board to provide improved visibility and accuracy of business projections
- Lead effort to implement a financial planning solution to enhance data aggregation, automation, and real-time visibility for business partners
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team that partners with leaders across the organization to drive data-driven decision-making and accountability
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, including strategic finance/FP&A experience at an organization with 2500+ employees
- Bachelor’s degree (or advanced degree) Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to mentor and roll up sleeves
- Results-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful team player that excels in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Strong, analytical thinker focused on the optimization of investment decisions and measurement of outcomes
- Preference for experience with SaaS/subscription business models
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.