Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara’s network of hardware devices is a scalable cloud-connected sensor platform that collects and stores observations about the world in near real-time. Through our cloud dashboard and mobile app, customers gain real-time visibility and drive efficiencies into their commercial fleet and industrial center operations.
At Samsara, we value aligning small teams with customer use cases and giving the independence needed to quickly deliver impactful solutions. Your team, the Core Firmware Team, is a cross product platform team that designs and develops code that operates across all Samsara devices. Your team will take on challenges ranging from component selection, technology evaluation, BSP integration, board bringup, and improving over-the-air update & configuration processes.
The Manager, Firmware Engineering will:
- Lead a team of 5-10 engineers to deliver customer-driven solutions.
- Conduct regular 1-1s and giving performance evaluations
- Work with Product Management to prioritize feature development
- Build roadmaps, engineering plans, and schedule estimates
- Perform code reviews and ensuring proper design and delivery of major features
- Promote best practices and establishing team processes
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Identify infrastructure and architectural investment needs
- Code on occasion to keep your sanity
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate has:
- Has a successful background as an engineer
- Understands the value of team culture, communication, and collaboration.
- Experience developing individual contributors based on their needs and interests as well as the needs of the company
- Our products vary in embedded systems from bare metal M0 to M4s with RTOS to embedded Linux and embedded DSPs. Experience with some of these environments and embedded C is an important prerequisite.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.