Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced corporate tax professional to bring their expertise to a growing company. This is a unique opportunity to implement and create corporate tax goals and initiatives and perform research and planning for complex tax situations with direct impact on the operations of the company. You will work closely with senior leadership and teams across the organization.
You should possess an analytical mind, have a high bar for quality of work, have the ability to drive to action, and be willing to roll up your sleeves to get it done. You have a desire to make a substantial impact on decision-making, to learn quickly in a dynamic, high-growth technology company, and to be a mentor and in-demand partner across the organization.
In this role you will:
- Manage the US corporate federal and local tax compliance process with internal and external parties including tax provisions, annual returns, and quarterly tax estimates.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns.
- Work with external auditors and internal finance teams on tax aspects of financial statement audits.
- Coordinate the processes, systems/software, and strategy with respect to corporate income tax.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Help plan and structure corporate growth from a tax perspective including researching and recommending proper tax considerations for entering new jurisdictions.
- Create/Support internal tax documentation to be used by the company in achieving tax initiatives.
- Assist the broader finance team with tax related items for monthly/quarterly book reconciliations/closings.
- Review general ledger accounts for tax implications / adjustments.
- Work with external advisers in managing long-term and discrete projects.
- Compile and present tax recommendations to senior management.
- Assist in managing taxing authority audit and notice resolution.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
An ideal candidate has:
- 5-6 years or more of public accounting experience, industry, or a combination of public accounting and industry
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Willingness and ability to perform tasks at all levels, from detailed preparation to high level review
- Articulate in verbal and written communications
- High integrity and ethics
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters a plus
- CPA Certification
- Prior working experience with an ERP system is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.