Samsara is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London.
Samsara’s European Director of Customer Support will be responsible for delivering a world-class customer support experience to Samsara’s rapidly-expanding user-base. This position requires a combination of both SaaS and equipment support expertise. While there is a seed team in place, most of the growth is ahead, including organisational design, hiring, systems and tools, and tight integrations into the Customer Success and engineering teams. This role is located in London and reports into the WW Head of Support.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s culture and principles
- Ensure support representatives and engineers meet multi-channel SLAs (email, chat, and phone)
- Deliver an enterprise-class support experience for any critical escalations or service disruption
- Manage Support Engineers to resolve complex technical issues with Engineering, enhance internal training, expand the knowledge base, and document troubleshooting practices
- Improve NPS by ensuring customer health insights are propagated to Sales, PM and Engineering
- Adapt/implement tools to improve the customer experience and improve efficiency
- Identify and solve issues related to country entrances, segment growth, and product transitions
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
- Coordinate with senior leadership to define policies and procedures
An ideal candidate would have:
- Experience of working in fast paced environments and leading multiple projects
- Proven ability of taking a business through rapid growth and expansion
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Administration of service, phone and chat systems
- Drive fact-based decision making and have strong relationship building skills
- Multilingual skill set
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a plus
- B.A./B.S. required, preferably M.S. in a quantitative field (engineering, applied math, etc.) or MBA
- 10+ years of leadership experience in technical support, field services, engineering or equivalent
- Experience scaling European or Global technical support, including Enterprise & field services
- Experience troubleshooting within a full-stack environment, including hardware
- Experience working with global technical support teams to insure 24x7 support coverage
- Strong spoken and written language skills for working with high-value customers and publishing documentation
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities
Working at Samsara has its perks: monthly commuter benefit on top of your base salary, selection of breakfast options, free catered lunch on most days, private medical and dental insurance, 25 vacation days plus 8 UK bank holidays, pension scheme, unlimited snacks & fruit, growth and development opportunities, friendly and modern office in central London and regular team outings.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colours, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.