Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer. This role will be based out of our Atlanta office.
Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious Payroll Analyst. Our ideal candidate has experience in a fast-growing startup environment, experienced in ADP Workforce Now and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This candidate exhibits a high attention to detail as well as strong collaborative and communication skills across the organization, as well as to external relationships. As a Payroll Analyst for Samsara, you will be responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll and managing expense reports for employees. You will also be assisting with employee medical, LOA, Worker’s Compensation claims and answering any related employee questions.
The Payroll Analyst will work on:
- Process payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees and 1099 vendors on a semi-monthly basis
- Process international payroll
- On-board and off-board employees from payroll and expense reimbursement systems as needed
- Review, classify and approve expense reimbursement forms. Ensuring expenses adhere to expense policy and appropriate approvals were obtained.
- Maintain time sheets approval policies to ensure accuracy for payroll processing
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management
- Process employment verification requests in a timely manner
- Perform various journal entries, account reconciliations, and providing general ledger support
- Maintain current knowledge and compliance with applicable state and federal wage and hour laws
- Process 401(k) submission for every pay period
- Coordinate audits for Form 5500, and any other payroll/benefit related audit
- Process and distributing W2s and 1099s annually
- Coordinate the annual open enrollment period for all employees (collaboration with the HR Team)
- Facilitate management and employee understanding of payroll/benefits procedures
- Assist in other ad-hoc duties as and when required
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience managing payroll and employee benefits in multiple US states
- Extensive knowledge of ADP (WorkforceNow)
- Proficient in MS Office (Strong Excel Skills)
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Outstanding work ethic and passionate about helping and serving others
- Supporting of team members and establishing healthy/collaborative relationships
- Ability to work in a changing environment
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.