Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara’s Industrial team operates as a startup within a startup and is designed to iterate extremely quickly to deliver new products for new customers across industries including manufacturing, food and beverage, energy, and utilities. We are building easy to manage, easy to deploy, massively scalable, internet-connected sensors to create real business outcomes for our customers: reduced maintenance costs, less downtime, increased efficiency, higher throughput, and better customer service.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small team in a hyper-growth company and have an outsized impact across different aspects of the business. The Industrial team is small, moves fast, and will require you to wear many hats across product, engineering, sales, marketing, and operations.
At Samsara, we value aligning small teams with customer use cases and giving the independence needed to quickly deliver impactful solutions. Your team may work on backend log-processing and data analytics systems, as well as building out new user interfaces for both web and mobile platforms. Your team will take on engineering challenges ranging from aggregating data from thousands of sensors to presenting the data in intuitive ways that provide actionable insights for our customers’ operations. As an engineering manager, you will lead a team of 5-10 engineers to deliver customer-driven solutions. The ideal candidate for engineering manager has a successful background as an engineer but also understands the value of team culture, communication, and collaboration.
If you are excited by the idea of working at a fast-growing company, being constantly challenged by and learning from high-caliber engineers, owning and shaping product development, and ultimately growing a world-class engineering team, we’d love to have you join our team!
The Manager, Software Engineering - New Products will work on:
- Building roadmaps, engineering plans, and schedule estimates
- Identifying infrastructure and architectural investment needs
- Working with Product Management to prioritize feature development
- Performing code reviews (coding on occasion) and ensuring proper design and delivery of major features
- Promoting best practices and establishing team processes
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement
- Coaching & mentoring software engineers
- Championing, role modelling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
We use Golang for our backend, Typescript and React for our web client, GraphQL to fetch data from our backend, and React Native for our mobile app. Direct experience with these technologies is not required.
An ideal candidate has:
- Understand the value of team culture, communication, and teamwork
- Have demonstrated experience delivering software, leading teams, and managing engineers
- Have excellent written and verbal technical communication skills
- Enjoy understanding users and what makes their day to day easier
- Love shipping features that are immediately used by our customers
- Seek to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.