Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara’s Industrial team operates as a startup within a startup and is designed to iterate extremely quickly to deliver new products for new customers across industries including manufacturing, food and beverage, energy, and utilities. We are building easy to manage, easy to deploy, massively scalable, internet-connected sensors to create real business outcomes for our customers: reduced maintenance costs, less downtime, increased efficiency, higher throughput, and better customer service.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small team in a hyper-growth company and have an outsized impact across different aspects of the business. The Industrial team is small, moves fast, and will require you to wear many hats across product, engineering, sales, marketing, and operations.
In this role you will:
- Leverage OCR or text-training based approaches to validate text on printed labels and packages in various verticals across manufacturing and production.
- Evaluate analyze, and optimize system resources related to image processing and computer vision.
- Apply advanced machine learning techniques to deliver best-in-class vision capabilities for our machine vision applications.
- Champion. role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Expert level understanding and practical experience with applying computer vision algorithms to solve product use cases.
- Strong programming/coding skills in at least one general purpose language.
- Experience with computer vision libraries such as OpenCV.
- Be proficient in Python, C/C++, or Go.
An ideal candidate will:
- Enjoy reading the latest academic papers in computer vision and machine learning.
- Understand and have implemented seminal computer vision algorithms at production scale.
- Have strong communication skills and a desire to collaborate across engineering teams.
- Have a fundamental understanding of machine learning techniques, especially as they relate to vision oriented problems.
- Regularly ship production-quality software in a dynamic environment.
- Be excited about the possibility of leveraging cameras and applying vision related techniques to transform the Industrial and Manufacturing space.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.