Samsara is searching for a resourceful and ambitious Corporate Counsel to help build the legal team. In this role, you will be Samsara’s second legal hire in Europe based in our London office. As Samsara moves into new markets and segments, you will take on a range of legal work, including privacy, contracts, intellectual property, product counselling, and employment issues. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and capable of managing a big workload. You need to be comfortable negotiating complex deals and crystallising agreed-upon terms in written contracts. You can take ownership of vaguely-defined objectives and drive them forward to achieve optimal outcomes. Your diligence, judgment, and discretion will make you a trusted counterpart in sensitive environments.
This role requires an independent yet collaborative individual who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, someone who can work across multiple teams and various time zones. We value individuals who are innovative, progressive, and highly customer-obsessed professionals. We want you to be a force-multiplier; making those around you more effective. You will require strong communication and interpersonal skills and must be comfortable navigating stressful situations. You need to be able to focus on the specific details but also have a broad-enough vision to bring large and multi-stepped projects to completion.
*Draft and negotiate contracts of all types, including large scale enterprise software license agreements but also vendor contracts.
*Answer questions and offer legal advice on a wide range of legal issues across the company.
*Exercise initiative and creativity in solving challenges and accomplishing business goals.
*Support ad hoc legal requests of almost every size and type.
*Work with leadership to drive strategic business and legal initiatives across the company.
* Fully qualified lawyer in good standing in either the United Kingdom or Germany.
* 5+ years of experience in a law firm or in-house position.
* Excellent communicator, project manager, and team player.
* Highly proactive self-starter who consistently delivers.
* Adaptable, flexible and creative.
* Aptitude for maintaining strong working cross-functional relationships.
* Demonstrated ability to manage complex legal transactions and drive them to close.
* Experience with counselling non-lawyers on complex legal issues in a fast-paced environment.
* A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature, and calm under fire.
* Fluency in written and spoken English & German.
Working at Samsara has its perks: monthly commuter benefit on top of your base salary, selection of breakfast options, free catered lunch on most days, private medical and dental insurance, 25 vacation days plus 8 UK bank holidays, pension scheme, unlimited snacks & fruit, growth and development opportunities, friendly and modern office in central London and regular team outings.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colours, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.