Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious NPI Sourcing Manager to influence our rapidly growing product lines for the long-term. This role is the interface between key technology industries, manufacturing partners and internal engineering teams. In addition to sourcing core silicon technologies, they are responsible for enabling new products with joint development manufacturers (JDMs) based on technological developments. Candidates must have an interest in hardware engineering, market dynamics, negotiation and pricing, manufacturing processes, and risk mitigation.
In this role you will work on:
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop and implement strategic sourcing strategies in support of internal roadmap.
- Develop a deep understanding of Samsara’s vendor base in order to anticipate industry trends and track competitive forces
- Lead the contract negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers.
- Enable new technologies and products at optimal costs within aggressive timeframes
- Anticipate and drive solutions for NPI supply requirements using technical expertise, internal coordination, and clear external communications
- Build initial relationships with JDMs and drive innovation with existing manufacturing partners
- Identify changes in buyer and supplier power within core materials and technology markets and use industry dynamics to Samsara’s advantage
- Negotiate optimal terms for sourcing to ensure supply continuity while maintaining quality
- Communicate the impact of manufacturing process value optimization, cost opportunities and risks, market intelligence and international dynamics to influence Samsara’s product roadmap
An ideal candidate has:
- BS in Engineering + 5 years of experience, masters degree or MBA is a plus
- Experience in technical, engineering or sourcing fields may be in lieu of BS in Engineering
- Knowledge of EMS/ODM/JDM/OEM business models, cost modeling and supply chain design
- Supply Chain Management experience in sourcing silicon and other semiconductor product
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Positive attitude in a rapidly changing environment with ambiguous information
- Concise communication skills
- Desire to build relationships with multiple cross-functional teams
- Experience and drive to engage in complex negotiations
- Intellectual curiosity with an ability to learn quickly
- Passion for technology and operations
- Willingness to travel internationally (10 - 20%)
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact