Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will develop product marketing programs and frameworks in partnership with other PMMs to promote Samsara’s products and services, internally and externally.
The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
- Programs - Develop product marketing programs and frameworks in partnership with other PMMs to promote Samsara’s products and services, internally and externally.
- Sales Enablement - Craft, build, and implement comprehensive narrative programs as part of larger sales enablement efforts
- Technology - Assess new technologies, in partnership with marketing operations and sales operations to enable outbound marketing, product communications, sales productivity, and customer experience
- Content Library - Manage marketing's future content library to enable the campaigns and content team to be power users of the tool. This would involve working cross-functionally with sales enablement, sales ops, and many other teams.
- Measurement - Design and implement metrics to ensure consistent evaluation and measurement of PMMs
- Voice of Customer & Product - Build full-scale programs to help marketing champion our customers’ needs to inform product strategy/roadmap. Develop voice of the customer/product action plans based on audience feedback, insights, and trends. This will be done in partnership with the Product teams.
- Storytelling - Work with the current PMMs to assist in building programs to translate complex concepts into messages that are engaging, simple, and human
- Integrated GTM - Ability to work across all teams to drive sales growth through integrated marketing programs, that allows the content and campaigns team to execute campaigns at scale
- Operational Excellence - Understand and lead process improvements and complex projects in order to effectively scale
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would have:
- Work experience with direct sales, pre-sales and/or enablement in enterprise software and/or SaaS environment.
- Ability to identify needs, design programs and communicate these to the product and sales team with credibility and impact.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- High sense of urgency and ambitious work ethic to drive business outcomes.
- Ability to distill complex concepts into clear, concise business values.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Comfortable working in a cross-functional team environment with changing and evolving roles and responsibilities.
- An operational approach to marketing. Strong organizational skills, ability to handle projects end-to-end
- Analytical chops to understand customer data and measure the effectiveness of marketing programs
- 3-6 years of experience in marketing, product management, or similar
- Experience in a B2B technology environment is nice to have
- Bachelor's degree or higher
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.