Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara’s Industrial Team operates as a startup within a startup and is designed to iterate extremely quickly to deliver new products for new customers with a spectrum of challenges across industries including manufacturing, energy, and utilities. The Samsara Industrial sales and implementation motion is heavily dependent on our Channel Partners for sales through design and implementation.
As the Partner Account Manager: Industry 4.0, you will develop and manage a portfolio of partner accounts, with responsibility to:
- Source new channel partners including system integrators, value-added resellers, and others who will amplify sales and deployments of our cloud-enabled smart PLCs, gateways, sensors, and future products representing our Industry 4.0 product suite
- Guide these partners end-to-end from cold calls and product demos through onboarding and enablement to closed-won transactions
- Coordinate and effectively utilize internal resources including engineering, product, and sales to delight partners and, by extension, their respective customers
- Travel to partners and/or their customer sites 2-4 times per month
- Play an entrepreneurial and dynamic role in contributing to the design and execution of channel partner programs including training and certification, marketing initiatives, partner-specific collaborations, internal sales campaigns, and other fast-moving projects designed to accelerate the channel motion
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
This position is based in our San Francisco HQ.
An ideal candidate would have:
- 3+ years of sales experience with consistent, documented overachievement
- 2+ years of partnership/channel management experience
- Experience in building/running channel enablement tools & content
- Experience with building and running sales training and enablement programs
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with emerging technology (experience specifically in industrial automation or IOT and/or selling into manufacturing, energy, water and other industrial environments is a plus)
- Reference-able experience building, executing, and iterating on measurable engagements from the ground-up
- Proven ability to balance and manage a combination of tightly defined and quantified goals (e.g., sales quotas) with more ambiguous and fluid needs emerging on varying time frames from both internal and external stakeholders
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.