Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT with a mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London.
Samsara is looking for a People Operations Coordinator to join our Atlanta team! In this role you will own key programs and initiatives across Samsara (ATL) and work to build the foundation for how employees engage in need-to-know learning, development training, and information about all things related to the employee experience. This coordinator will also answer and respond to benefits related questions from employees.
To ensure success in this role, the People Operations Coordinator will need to display strong problem solving and decision-making skills, along with a deep understanding of how to build effective relationships across lines of difference. They will need to become experts in our company's policies and procedures, benefits packages, and know who to turn to in order to solve challenges as they emerge. This person will report to the Atlanta HR Business Partner.
This is a full time position at our office in Midtown, Atlanta, and includes stock options, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision benefits. Samsara is a fast-growing environment where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
- Coordinate programs and projects from creation through execution (etc. New Hire Onboarding, Employee Resource Groups, Benefits Fair, etc)
- Break projects into manageable actions and set timeframes
- Liaise with local people partner and people operations team to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Develop, design, and facilitate key training initiatives across all departments and teams
- Market available programs/trainings to employees and provide necessary information about options available to them
- Respond to benefits related inquiries from staff and management
- Coordinate w/ national scale team to ensure efficacy & communication of benefits related programs for local employees
- Build and cultivate relationships with local partners to ensure effective communication between company and local employees
- Assist with payroll inquiries and ad hoc human resource projects
- Support other assigned functions
- 2-3+ years experience in HR and/or Project management; preferably in fast-growing, global companies
- Must have stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong public speaking skills and be comfortable in front of large audiences
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently; solutions-oriented; thrives in ambiguity
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent self-management and interpersonal skills
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.