Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Join us in laying the technical groundwork for Samsara’s newest product family, “Connected Worker”, focused on enhancing workplace safety and productivity to benefit the people working in harsh, industrial environments. As a computer vision engineer on the Connected Worker team, you will design and develop the core computer vision algorithms and image processing pipeline that manages a powerful computer vision system for workplace safety monitoring. You will work on a small team to identify customer pain points and vision-related use cases, and then implement solutions to solve customer problems. Sample areas of work include motion detection, visual feature search, and hazard detection, to name a few.
Computer Vision Engineers in Connected Worker will work on:
- Applying advanced machine learning techniques to deliver best-in-class vision capabilities for our safety applications
- Evaluating, analyzing and optimizing system resources related to image processing and computer vision
- Adding unsafe speed and motion capabilities to our vision system to detect safety hazards early
- Developing a system to search historical video for potential safety concerns
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Understanding and practical experience with applying computer vision algorithms to solve real-world use cases
- Strong programming/coding skills in at least one general purpose language
- Experience with computer vision and machine learning libraries such as OpenCV, etc
An ideal candidate would:
- Be proficient in Python, C/C++, or Go
- Enjoy reading the latest academic papers in computer vision and machine learning
- Understand and have implemented seminal computer vision algorithms at production scale
- Have strong communication skills and a desire to collaborate across engineering teams
- Have a fundamental understanding of machine learning techniques, especially as they relate to vision oriented problems
- Regularly ship production-quality software in a dynamic environment
- Be excited about the possibility of leveraging cameras and applying vision related techniques to transform the experience of people in industrial workplaces
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.