Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Help us lay the technical groundwork for Samsara’s newest product family, “Connected Worker,” focused on enhancing workplace safety and productivity to benefit the people working in harsh, industrial environments.
As a firmware engineer on the Connected Worker team, you will architect and develop software that manages a powerful computer vision system for workplace safety monitoring, or tackle bring up of cutting-edge hardware platforms and applications for devices worn or held by individuals working in field services or lone-worker scenarios.
We use C for our microcontroller based platforms, Golang for our linux-based gateways and backend services, Google protocol buffers to structure data, and various AWS technologies to process and store data. Experience with these exact technologies is not required.
The Senior Firmware Engineer - Connected Worker will work on:
- Bringing up a new platform - configuring I/O, testing connectivity, validating design, debugging init
- Writing peripheral drivers, bootloaders, DMA pipelines, core management layers (power manager, connectivity manager, etc).
- Component selection: partner with hardware in selecting components based on system and customer needs, prototyping for in house and beta customer use.
- Designing efficient protocols and implementing efficient hardware management to maximize battery life of a sensor or gateway.
Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- 7+ years of experience in a related field
- Familiarity with Nvidia platforms, standard video processing engines, or other NVR or camera systems
- Several years of experience working with working in bare metal, RTOS, and/or embedded Linux environments.
- Experience bringing up linux or embedded devices.
- Be excited about cameras and wearable devices and their application to solve real world problems.
- Thrive in an environment that requires rapid deployment and product iteration based on customer feedback.
- Evaluate how decisions at each layer of the stack affect other layers and the customer experience.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.