Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
In this position you will be responsible for assisting and leading global activities related to the procurement of corporate goods and services including technology, marketing, facilities, etc. Supports internal business peers in establishing and managing purchasing agreements. This position will require a great deal of proactive problem solving and extensive contract negotiations.
What You'll Do
- Passionate about negotiating commercial terms and various types of contracts
- Track all incoming requests throughout the various workflows to ensure that requests are processed in a timely, accurate and compliant manner
- Coordinate internal stakeholder and vendor relations
- Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis to aid in metrics-driven negotiations and vendor selection
- Assist with the preparation and review of vendor contracts, quotes, and proposals ensuring bilateral commercial terms & conditions
- Partner with Legal and Security teams during new vendor onboarding to ensure business requirements are met at engagement onset
- Facilitate Purchase Requisition to Purchase Order creation
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to analyze quantitatively and problem-solve efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 3+ years experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, or finance function
- Metrics driven, with the ability to exercise judgment and operate independently
- Ability to prioritize requests and communicate effectively in a deadline driven environment
- Solid technology contract experience with Hosting, SaaS, Subscription and Cloud infrastructure providers strongly desired
- Team player with collaborative style and proven track record of building successful relationships with stakeholders and suppliers
- Netsuite experience a plus
- Procurement systems experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.