We’re hiring at different levels across the team (PM, Senior PM, Principal / Director PM), with opportunities to drive significant parts of the business and/or manage teams over time.
Samsara’s Industrial team operates as a startup within a startup and is designed to iterate extremely quickly to deliver new products for new customers across industries including manufacturing, food and beverage, energy, and utilities. We are building easy to manage, easy to deploy, massively scalable, internet-connected sensors to create real business outcomes for our customers: reduced maintenance costs, less downtime, increased efficiency, higher throughput, and better customer service.
Samsara’s approach to product management is rooted in a deep understanding of the customer. You’ll learn about our customers’ operations, identify the most important problems that we could solve for them, and develop a product vision that maximizes the impact Samsara can make on the market.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small team in a hyper-growth company and have an outsized impact across different aspects of the business. The Industrial team is small, moves fast, and will require you to wear many hats across product, engineering, sales, marketing, and operations.
Your work will involve:
- Partnering closely with the Sales team to identify early adopters, navigate opportunities for early stage products, and close strategic customer accounts
- Gathering customer feedback from operational audiences of all kinds – from SCADA engineers to plant managers -- to understand needs and prioritize feature development
- Gaining a deep understanding of the competitive space, and opportunities for differentiation
- Defining metrics to track and optimize customer onboarding experience
- Making data-driven decisions to define and optimize product pricing
- Launching new products in collaboration with Design, Engineering and Marketing
- Establishing technology partnerships with complementary tech companies
An ideal candidate has:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field. MS, PhD, or MBA optional
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers
- Knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers and internal audiences
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on aggressive timelines
- Prior experience developing wireframes and product specs is helpful
- Familiarity with B2B sales is a nice to have
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.