Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
We’re looking for a Marketing Operations Manager to build and execute Samsara's automation and segmentation strategies to power our marketing campaigns. You will administer critical marketing systems, build highly relevant marketing programs, and make data-driven decisions in order to achieve aggressive pipeline targets. This is a collaborative role where you will work cross-functionally with various Marketing and Sales leaders. We are seeking candidates with a passion for technology and who are eager to take on a variety of projects in a fast-moving environment. Proven automation and operations skills are a must, and data management and analytical skills are a big plus.
The Marketing Operations Manager will work on:
- Collaborate with other teams to build sophisticated targeting strategies so that the right audience is receiving the right message at the right time
- Own the data architecture and data synchronization across Marketo and Salesforce to ensure data is accurate and up to date
- Create behavioral and demographic segmentation programs to support automated nurture, ABM, and lead scoring initiatives
- Integrate new tools and processes into our existing martech stack to drive optimization and automation
- Analyze gaps in marketing data and develop strategies to fill those gaps including managing relationships with data enrichment vendors, managing deduplication logic, and standardizing data intake processes
- Work collaboratively with team leaders to design scalable enablement strategies so that every marketer is comfortable working with the available data
- Analyze marketing program data and make recommendations on how to improve conversion rates at every stage of the marketing funnel
- Implement data management best practices and execute change management best practices to ensure Samsara continues to scale
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would have:
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing operations, marketing automation, or database management
- 3+ years of experience as a Marketo admin or as a Marketo Certified Expert
- Deep understanding of Salesforce.com system architecture and capabilities
- Demonstrated experience in database management and optimization
- Analytical with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Resourceful with the ability to solve problems creatively and with minimal guidance
- SQL and/or python experience a big plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.