Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
We are seeking a dynamic leader to help accelerate the adoption of our technology by the market and establish Samsara’s position as the leader in connected fleets. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of the EMEA marketing function, including growth marketing, product marketing, event marketing, and campaigns/demand generation. You will lead our EMEA go-to-market strategy and be an ambassador for our London office and other future European offices as we expand globally. This is the chance for an expert strategic business-oriented marketer to take Samsara into new countries and grow usage among companies of all sizes.
The Director, EMEA Marketing will work on:
- Storytelling: Compelling storyteller with a strategic and analytical mindset who can engage and educate customers and prospects, with a knack for cultural and market nuances and incorporating them into go-to-market plans
- Customer focus: Demonstrate an encyclopaedic knowledge of the customer, the competition, and how a technology uniquely solves that customer’s problems
- Go-to-market: Define and execute the strategy, goals and measurement methods for cohesive cross-functional plans that enable winning execution for customer acquisition, engagement, up-sell and retention
- Creativity: Thrives in an environment without a set playbook, is excited to build a scalable, high-impact EMEA marketing team that drives growth across the company.
- Integrated marketing: Ability to design integrated marketing plans and campaigns, ensuring all marketing teams and stakeholders are aligned on a shared goal
- Market knowledge: Develop a deep understanding of the EMEA market and competitive landscape, adapt it for each country's needs and educate teams about related local marketplace and competitive trends.
- Results: Continually share program results, industry and customer trends and creative inspiration to keep everyone globally-minded, consumer-obsessed and results-driven.
- Partnership: Build out partner co-marketing plans and activities to drive market awareness of Samsara in the EMEA region.
- Manage & scale: Ability to hit the ground running, while being able to build, and scale a team for the future. Possess exceptional ability to work cross-functionally, with marketing, growth, sales, product and executive leadership. Manage the day to day operations of the UK office in a matrixed environment.
- Insights: Working with your product marketing team, develop insights on user data, account data, the voice of the customer, and campaign effectiveness through reports or research. Works with business partners to translate insights into actionable recommendations that promote business objectives and drive tangible business results.
- Championing, role modelling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate would have:
- Experience leading a pan-EMEA B2B SaaS enterprise marketing team, ideally for a US-based company, with cross-functional expertise across all marketing competencies
- Experience marketing in an enterprise technology sales cycle; familiar with inside and field sales, sales development programs, communications, and outbound marketing campaigns
- Proven track record of acquiring customers and expanding brand presence through innovative strategies and execution
- Track record of being a public-facing spokesperson for an enterprise software business in EMEA
- Deep understanding of software. Experience with wireless systems, analytics, or big data are a plus.
- Strong messaging skills. Ability to create or edit content at an expert level
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation within Samsara, and externally with customers, partners, media, industry analysts and vendors.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where things change constantly
- Minimum 10+ years of broad marketing and management experience
- Multilingual skills are a big plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: monthly commuter benefit on top of your base salary, selection of breakfast options, free catered lunch on most days, private medical and dental insurance, 25 vacation days plus 8 UK bank holidays, pension scheme, unlimited snacks & fruit, growth and development opportunities, friendly and modern office in central London and regular team outings.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colours, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.