At Samsara, we invest in our people and hiring is a team effort that is crucial to our success. We are looking for a bright, driven and goal-oriented Recruiting Events Specialist to plan and execute events, from internal public monthly recruiting events to sponsorship of large external conferences. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to personally grow their career while professionally building a diverse team experiencing hyper growth.
- Oversee planning, production and execution of Sales and Corporate Recruiting events hosted in-house and externally.
- Manage event calendar, project timelines, event budget, and coordinate all logistics.
- Serve as an event expert, handling pre-event consultation and planning, venue selection, agenda development and event flow, related travel arrangements, event follow-up, reporting, etc.
- Work closely with hiring managers to identify event goals, content, and promotion.
- On-site duties include ensuring proper set-up and signage, registration coordination, A/V testing, speaker management, time management, etc.
- Think about how to connect with our target audience and provide a seamless overall experience.
- Drive pre-event weekly meetings, building and distributing regular pre-event status reports and post-event reports.
- Build awareness of Samsara and strong relationships with organizations focused on empowering underrepresented groups
- Engage and network with passive candidates at internal and external recruiting events and help them envision life at Samsara
- Maintain high attention to detail when entering data into Greenhouse (ATS) and other recruiting tools
Our ideal candidate:
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in recruiting, events, marketing or related field.
- Demonstrated success in event management and project management.
- A willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Superior interpersonal and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- Team player with an eye for talent who loves connecting people and opportunities.
- Able to confidently represent Samsara with professionalism both internally and externally.
- Target driven, detail oriented, approachable and able to bring up others around you.
- Previous startup experience preferred, and an unwavering ability to work in a fast-paced and cross-functional organization.
- Familiarity with Greenhouse or equivalent ATS experience.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.