Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
We are looking for an ambitious tax professional to become an integral part of Samsara's dynamic finance team, working directly with the EMEA finance and US Tax teams to oversee tax compliance and strategic decision making in EMEA. This is a unique opportunity to see end to end compliance at an international, federal, and local level, and perform research and planning for complex tax situations with direct impact on the operations of the company.
The Tax Manager will work on:
- Lead the EMEA tax function processes, systems/software, and strategy
- Manage the EMEA indirect tax compliance process, including periodic filings, taxability studies, structure/planning, systems/invoicing, etc.
- Help plan and structure corporate growth from a tax perspective including researching and recommending proper tax considerations for entering new jurisdictions
- Assist the finance team with tax related items for monthly/quarterly book reconciliations/closings
- Assist payroll teams in employment tax issues, including equity compensation
- Compile and present tax recommendations to senior management
- Manage taxing authority audit and notice resolution in EMEA
- Championing, role modelling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would have:
- 8-10 years or more of public accounting experience, industry, or a combination of public accounting and industry
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- High integrity and ethics
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters a plus
- ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified
- Prior working experience with an ERP system is a plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: monthly commuter benefit on top of your base salary, selection of breakfast options, free catered lunch on most days, private medical and dental insurance, 25 vacation days plus 8 UK bank holidays, pension scheme, unlimited snacks & fruit, growth and development opportunities, friendly and modern office in central London and regular team outings.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colours, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.