Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
We are looking for a smart, ambitious and experienced GL Accountant to support the business. This opportunity requires an experienced individual with high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and an enthusiastic attitude. Candidates must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, thrive in a highly driven environment, enjoy learning new skills, procedures, and systems, and have an overall desire to contribute to company growth.
This is a full-time position at our office in Potrero Hill, and includes Lyft/Uber commuter benefits, stock options, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision benefits.
Senior GL Accountant will work on:
- Perform various GL month-end close activities, including preparation and review of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Reconcile, investigate and resolve variances in general ledger accounts
- Prepare Balance Sheet and P&L fluctuation analyses
- Assist in preparing internal and external financial reporting schedules
- Support the quarterly reviews and annual audit requests and inquiries from our external auditors
- Manage assigned projects and collaborate with cross-functional team members in delivering high quality, reliable, decision ready information to business partners
- Assist in establishing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring accounting control procedures and accounting policies.
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting.
- CPA or interest in obtaining CPA
- 4+ years relevant accounting experience.
- Excellent analytical, technical and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP.
- Experience working under strict deadlines and ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Must be a fast learner, multi-tasker with a strong desire to learn and a ‘can do’ attitude,
- Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of operational accounting processes.
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively.
- Experience with NetSuite, SFDC, and intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred
- Critical thinker, able to implement scalable processes.
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Experience in SaaS based start-ups
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approach of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.