Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara’s Internet of Things solution – which includes fleet technologies ranging from GPS tracking to route optimization to AI-powered dash cameras – is being adopted by thousands of new customers every quarter, helping them improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of their operations. Our pace of innovation and growth gives us amazing stories to tell--from trucking companies using AI to detect distracted driving and prevent accidents, to city fleets that substantially reduce fuel-wasting idle time, to food and beverage fleets preventing spoilage of refrigerated goods, all using Samsara IoT sensors.
We are seeking an SEO-focused content marketer to help us discover new audiences, generate traffic, and deliver leads and opportunities. The right candidate is an exceptional writer and editor who brings functional SEO expertise, strategic thinking, and a results-driven mindset to the table.
Content Marketing Manager (SEO Specialist) will work on:
- Develop a focused SEO strategy, including keyword research
- Write extensive blog and website content to help Samsara drive organic growth
- Track and evaluate content performance, and take an analytical and strategic approach to delivering page rankings and quarterly lead and opportunity goals
- Optimize legacy or cross-functional content to improve SEO rankings
- Train other marketers on SEO best practices
- Take a journalistic approach to generating content ideas and responding to industry news
- Contribute to editorial calendar; drive schedules from start to finish, including managing peers or freelancers as needed
- Collaborate with product marketing, campaigns marketing, growth marketing, and sales teams to drive product awareness and support broader company content initiatives
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate would:
- BA in journalism, English, communications, business, marketing, or related field
- 3+ years of proven content marketing experience, with specific experience in driving significant traffic via SEO
- Portfolio of engaging marketing materials such as web page content, e-books, blog posts, case studies, infographics, etc.
- Strong work ethic, team-player mentality, and enthusiasm to write what needs to be written; experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment managing multiple work streams end-to-end
- Copyediting skills that take copy from good to great
- Experience using analytics to determine impact and effectiveness of content programs
- Experience writing in a human, down-to-earth way for a B2B audience is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.