Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
We are seeking a creative and collaborative Senior Manager to lead our Demand Generation team and take our marketing campaigns to the next level. In this role you’ll guide your team to develop multi-touch, integrated campaigns around specific products, industry verticals, and themes. Collaborating with teams such as Growth, Design, Content Marketing, Customer Marketing, Events, Sales, and Product Marketing, you’ll oversee outbound and inbound efforts to programmatize and scale email nurturing, webinars, advertising, gated content, etc.
Your team’s purpose is to build and scale an engagement and conversion machine that gets the right message to the right prospect at the right time. As such, your team’s campaigns will be central to our marketing mission: to raise awareness about Samsara, to drive qualified leads that convert to pipeline, to facilitate a prospect’s journey to purchase, and to promote customer loyalty.
The Head of Demand Generation will work on:
- Lead a team of ~4 Campaign Managers, and rapidly hire new team members to meet business needs
- Provide vision and direction for the team, define goals, and analyze results
- Drive the creation of new campaigns and content across all stages of a buyer’s journey
- Set a high quality bar for marketing campaign materials, and develop systems to maintain this bar as we scale
- Operationalize campaign creation process to enable us to scale quickly; identify and recommend technologies to help us scale; build out campaign management systems to accommodate future growth
- Ensure accurate campaign attribution tracking, create new tracking systems as needed, and evaluate campaign effectiveness
- Inspire your team to take on new challenges, move quickly, run productive experiments, and feel accountable to grow the business
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate would have:
- 5+ years experience directly managing a team of marketers
- 8+ years work experience, with minimum 4 years expertise in Marketing (B2B experience preferred)
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results; you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Experience with Marketo preferred; experience with Salesforce required
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels, from individual contributors to executive staff
- Equal investment in getting things done and in helping your team members grow
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.