Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara is hiring a Senior Planning Manager to oversee the demand management process. The Planning Manager will manage the collaborative demand planning and forecasting process by working with sales, sales operations, strategic finance, supply chain and business operations team. As a senior person on the team, you will drive planning strategy, build relationships and deliver to the business OKRs. This is a highly visible role that offers an opportunity to make business critical decisions that will improve customer service levels while minimizing inventory costs. This position is based in our San Francisco HQ.
A Demand Planning Manager may work on:
- Create and Implement Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment process. Work collaboratively with Sales, Product and business unit leadership to establish an executable demand plan that supports the company’s strategic direction.
- Communicate to leadership regarding the health of demand, changes in business trends, and risks & opportunities to the operating plan.
- Provide input to developing demand planning strategies on existing products, new product transitions and product EOL.
- Analyze, communicate, and monitor the impacts of demand changes to supply chain and operations team.
- Provide accountability to the demand management processes by reporting performance metrics, improvements and monitoring historical performance.
- Evolve operating procedures for supply-demand process and business systems. Proactively drive operational improvements.
An ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of combined experience in consulting and supply chain planning, demand planning or forecasting processes
- Degree in supply chain, engineering, finance, or economics. MBA or CPA preferred
- Excellent data analysis and modeling skills
- Strong understanding of ERP systems, Salesforce, Tableau, Planning Systems and programming capabilities
- Deals with ambiguity, changing priorities and business volatility
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.