Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
The Director, Finance EMEA will be responsible for leading the finance function, including corporate accounting and finance operations in EMEA. This role will interface frequently with various finance teams (international accounting teams, FP&A, tax, and treasury) as well as cross-functional departments (Operations, Sales Operations, People Operations, Marketing). The role reports to the VP of Finance and is part of the senior leadership team.
The Director, Finance EMEA will work on:
- Leading our financial operation growth in EMEA
- Providing commercial decision support to the Business Development and Sales Divisions through profitability analysis and sales & margin forecasts
- Working closely with the senior leadership team to define business strategy, policy and procedures
- Identifying commercial risks and opportunities in relation to existing customers and market
- Implementing a strong financial controls framework to ensure the delivery of timely reporting and analysis of Financials and KPI’s
- Operational involvement in wider areas of the business including CAPEX and investment to ensure agreed ROI
- Managing external relationships with legal and professional advisers; establishing operational procedure with preferred vendors whilst partnering with the legal team to review contracts
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate would have:
- Experience of working in fast paced environments, change management, process re-engineering and spear-heading multiple projects
- Proven ability of taking a business through rapid growth and expansion
- Advanced Excel skills (required), Netsuite and Salesforce (preferred), range of ERP/accounting packages (beneficial)
- Drive fact-based decision making and have strong relationship building skills
- Qualified Accountant (ACA – 10+ years PQE): With broad experience covering controls, commercial and operational finance
- Experience of cost collation and margin control through manufacturing operations and external procurement
Working at Samsara has its perks: monthly commuter benefit on top of your base salary, selection of breakfast options, free catered lunch on most days, private medical and dental insurance, 25 vacation days plus 8 UK bank holidays, pension scheme, unlimited snacks & fruit, growth and development opportunities, friendly and modern office in central London and regular team outings.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colours, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.