Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara’s mission is to accelerate the adoption of IoT sensors and software to improve industrial efficiency, safety and quality at a massive scale. As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work in an embedded manner with our Engineering & Product teams and help ensure rapid delivery of high-quality products to our customers. This is a unique opportunity to join a hyper-growth company and have an outsized impact in different aspects of the business. This is a full-time position at our office in London.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will work on:
- Partnering with Product and Engineering to define product quality goals and improve test coverage
- Rapidly identifying, characterising, and triaging reported bugs with Engineering
- Running functional, integration, and other real-world tests of mobile app, cloud app, and hardware devices
- Developing test plans, procedures, and processes for continually improving quality
- Building tools to automate testing and increase our release velocity
- Develop scripts to test APIs endpoints or query databases
- Mentoring and onboarding junior team members
- Championing, role modelling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field, Computer Science coursework preferred
- 2 - 5 years of industry experience in Quality Assurance or similar position, preferably in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong technical understanding of distributed systems, ability to learn quickly and establish credibility with engineers
- Deep understanding of QA best practices and common testing methodologies
- Strong communication skills, comfortable working with cross-functional teams
- Experience acting as a mentor and leader
- Bias-to-action, you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty
Working at Samsara has its perks: monthly commuter benefit on top of your base salary, selection of breakfast options, free catered lunch on most days, private medical and dental insurance, 25 vacation days plus 8 UK bank holidays, pension scheme, unlimited snacks & fruit, growth and development opportunities, friendly and modern office in central London and regular team outings.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colours, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.