Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara’s mission is to improve industrial efficiency, safety, and quality at a massive scale, through the use of sensors and software. Our suite of IoT products and software platform brings the benefits of sensor data to traditional industries like transportation, food and beverage distribution, construction, state and local government, and K-12 education. We help our customers transport food, medicine, and other goods safely across the country, monitor deliveries for unsafe conditions, and help fleet managers improve the efficiency of their operations.
Samsara’s Quality Assurance team is responsible for ensuring product quality. Our primary goal is to ensure our customers have a delightful experience using our products. We achieve this by being the being the ambassadors of quality, spreading the quality perspective across the entire organization. As a tech-forward company, we leverage cutting edge technologies and tools, combined with QA best practices to hold our products to the high standards our customers deserve.
We’re looking for an experienced leader who will work with cross-functional leadership to build and evolve a high-performing and scalable QA organization that enables us to deliver high quality products on schedule. This position is based in our SF HQ.
The role will involve:
- Hiring, mentoring, and motivating a team of world class QA Engineers.
- Hiring, developing, and leading an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
- Introducing and helping guide implementation of industry QA best practices.
- Stand up quality goals and metrics and ensure maintenance and achievement of them.
- Define long term QA strategy with engineering and product leaders.
- Establishing processes, systems, and tools to help scale a global QA organization.
- Working cross-functionally across product, engineering, and the broader organization to build a culture of quality.
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer science, Electrical engineering, or similar technical field.
- Experience building QA teams, with a successful history as an individual contributor.
- History of working with and managing distributed teams.
- Experience with embedded systems, web applications, and mobile development.
- Extremely data-driven and familiar with modern monitoring services and data analytics tools.
- Exposure to hyper growth organizations.
- Ability to find a balance between optimizing for speed to market, iterating based on feedback, and shipping quality product.
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, and you’re comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.