Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
We’re a company in hyper growth mode, valued at over $3B and growing at over 250% annually, but we’re still small relative to the opportunity ahead. We’re searching for ambitious, entrepreneurial leaders with a passion for accelerating the successful adoption of our products, and the Strategic Account Manager is a critical ingredient in ensuring our customers have the tools and capabilities required to achieve lasting results. This role is a main Samsara touchpoint with our top strategic accounts post-implementation and throughout the lifetime of their relationship with us. The Strategic Account Manager will be the customer champion at Samsara, working hand-in-hand with multiple Samsara functions (including Sales, Product Management, Support, Operations, Finance, and Executive Leadership) to ensure the customer is successful.
This role is primarily based in San Francisco, with significant travel opportunities to visit customers on-site.
In this role, you will:
- Make it your mission to create an exceptional experience for our top strategic customers
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with top customers and executive sponsors
- Serve as the front-line, go-to resource for customer needs and issues post-implementation
- Assume overall customer adoption responsibility and critical issue management role
- Regularly identify and design customer-facing initiatives to enable our customers to use our product effectively and efficiently, implement change management solutions, and track progress on initiatives
- Stay on top of our products, features, policies, and processes in a rapidly changing environment, immediately raising and escalating points of contention so that customer relationships remain strong
- Prepare and educate customers on new features and releases
- Monitor and identify customer health and utilization trends, provide recommendations based on risk and customers’ business needs
- Identify renewal risk and collaborate with internal teams to remediate and ensure successful renewal
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years experience in customer success, implementation, change management, or continuous improvement role
- Significant customer interaction and strong interest in building relationships
- Have a disciplined eye on impact and sustainability at every stage of a customer life-cycle
- Strong interest and passion for coaching or mentoring others
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to senior leadership, both verbally and in writing
- Experience working with technical products
- Bachelor's degree
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.