Internal Communications Manager
Samsara’s IoT solution - which includes technologies for fleets ranging from GPS tracking to route optimization and AI-powered dash cameras - is being adopted by thousands of new customers every quarter. In the past year we have doubled our customer base, opened a new office in Atlanta, and expanded into new markets in the EU.
As a rapidly growing company of 1,000 employees sitting across four offices, internal communications is a critical factor of our continued success. We are looking for an internal communications leader to drive these efforts forward. This is a new role and will have significant cross-functional responsibilities across the company.
Initially the role will be a “team of one” - as such you should be comfortable operating at high level strategy as well as getting in the tactical weeds. Within ~6 months you will grow your team by 1-2 people either here in San Francisco or in our London office. You should have a high level of emotional intelligence and understand what it takes to build and scale a best in class internal communications function.
In the first three months you will:
- Create a two-year internal communications program that helps us hit our company goals while further growing the company culture.
- Manage internal communications efforts across Samsara’s four offices in the US and UK.
- Work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to communicate business and product momentum internally and across all offices.
- Partner closely with the People team on company-wide news and announcements, including system roll-outs.
In the first six months you will:
- Create the strategy and develop content for company all-hands and other employee engagement events.
- Partner with our executive team, leaders across the company, and the broader communications team to shape and deliver effective internal messaging.
- Develop consistent internal communications channels and work closely with company leadership to build a steady stream of content.
- Design and execute creative internal communications programs that align our company around core business objectives and provide measurable value.
- Create positive feedback loops across the company, and work closely with Samsara leadership to promote open, two-way communication.
- Hire one person for your team.
Above all: be flexible! These are just some of the ways you will contribute. As a rapidly growing company and team, this role has the opportunity to evolve according to the person in it.
- 8+ years in internal communications - executive communications experience a plus.
- Proven success building and implementing internal communications programs.
- Proven success working with cross-functional teams and executive leadership.
- Ability to operate at both strategic and execution levels.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in dynamic environments.
- Bias-to-action and focused on results.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.