Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
As a rapidly growing company of 1,500 employees sitting across four offices, internal communications is a critical factor of our continued success. We are looking for our first internal communications leader to drive these efforts forward. This is a new role and will have significant cross-functional responsibilities across the company.
Initially the role will be a “team of one” - as such you should be comfortable operating at high level strategy as well as getting in the tactical weeds. Within ~6 months you will grow your team by 1-2 people either here in San Francisco or in our London office. You should have a high level of emotional intelligence and understand what it takes to build and scale a best in class internal communications function.
We’re looking for someone with experience implementing internal communication programs at companies of ~3,000+ employees, and seeing those programs through scale. Most important, though, you’re just excited at the idea of coming in and building an internal communications function from scratch!
In the first three months you will:
- Create a one-year internal communications program that ensures all Samsarians feel connected to our culture and broader business goals.
- Create the strategy, develop content, and manage our monthly all-hands and other employee engagement events.
- Partner closely with the People team on company-wide news and announcements, including system roll-outs.
- Manage internal communications efforts across Samsara’s four offices in the US and UK.
- Take over the execution of our monthly company newsletter - while developing a strategy for how to uplevel them further.
In the first six months you will:
- Partner with our executive team, leaders across the company, and the broader communications team to communicate business and product momentum internally and across all offices.
- Develop consistent internal communications channels and work closely with company leadership to build a steady stream of content.
- Create positive feedback loops across the company, and work closely with Samsara leadership to promote open, two-way communication.
- Create a crisis communications plan, in conjunction with the communications, legal, and people teams.
- Hire one person for your team.
Above all: be flexible! These are just some of the ways you will contribute. As a rapidly growing company and team, this role has the opportunity to evolve according to the person in it.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.