Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Internal Communications Manager
Samsara’s IoT solution - which includes technologies for fleets ranging from GPS tracking to route optimization and AI-powered dash cameras - is being adopted by thousands of new customers every quarter. In the past year we have doubled our customer base, opened a new office in Atlanta, and expanded into new markets in the EU.
As a rapidly growing company of 1,000 employees sitting across four offices, internal communications is a critical factor of our continued success. We are looking for an internal communications leader to drive these efforts forward. This is a new role and will have significant cross-functional responsibilities across the company.
Initially the role will be a “team of one” - as such you should be comfortable operating at high level strategy as well as getting in the tactical weeds. Within ~6 months you will grow your team by 1-2 people either here in San Francisco or in our London office. You should have a high level of emotional intelligence and understand what it takes to build and scale a best in class internal communications function.
In the first three months you will:
- Create a two-year internal communications program that helps us hit our company goals while further growing the company culture.
- Manage internal communications efforts across Samsara’s four offices in the US and UK.
- Work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to communicate business and product momentum internally and across all offices.
- Partner closely with the People team on company-wide news and announcements, including system roll-outs.
In the first six months you will:
- Create the strategy and develop content for company all-hands and other employee engagement events.
- Partner with our executive team, leaders across the company, and the broader communications team to shape and deliver effective internal messaging.
- Develop consistent internal communications channels and work closely with company leadership to build a steady stream of content.
- Design and execute creative internal communications programs that align our company around core business objectives and provide measurable value.
- Create positive feedback loops across the company, and work closely with Samsara leadership to promote open, two-way communication.
- Hire one person for your team.
Above all: be flexible! These are just some of the ways you will contribute. As a rapidly growing company and team, this role has the opportunity to evolve according to the person in it.
An ideal candidate would:
- 8+ years in internal communications - executive communications experience a plus.
- Proven success building and implementing internal communications programs.
- Proven success working with cross-functional teams and executive leadership.
- Ability to operate at both strategic and execution levels.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in dynamic environments.
- Bias-to-action and focused on results.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.