Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara is looking for smart, ambitious Critical Response Leads to help support Samsara's rapidly-growing Internet of Things solution. Samsara works with a wide range of industrial companies ranging from commercial transportation firms to oil and gas companies and large-scale food producers. Our team brings a diverse set of technical interests and experiences. We're looking for technically minded builders to join our fast-growing team, where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
This is a full time position at our HQ in Potrero Hill in San Francisco.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate across departments to shape and flawlessly execute our critical response procedure during critical customer and company incidents, mobilizing teams and resources as needed
- Project managing our response to high-impact, high visibility customer escalations, acting as the single point of contact to ensure stakeholders are in the loop
- Engage with our customers’ executive leadership teams to provide account status updates, formulate and communicate remediation plan to inspire confidence and prevent churn
- Provide regular account status updates to Samsara’s executive leadership team
- Work with internal teams to develop clear and timely customer-facing messaging during critical company incidents
- Lead incident post-mortem analyses to identify learnings, root cause, systematic patterns that need attention, improvement opportunities and relevant trends
- Improve upon existing processes to ensure quality and efficiency, including documentation, process steps, tooling, etc
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher, master’s preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in customer account management, technical support management or customer success
- Incident response experience - you’ve lead internal and external responses to complex incidents
- Executive presence & communication - you have excellent written and verbal communication skills tailored to a senior leadership audience
- Leadership without authority - you have the strong project management skills necessary to prioritize, delegate, and drive action across departments
- Operational urgency - you have hands-on experience delivering business results under tight timelines
- Technical know-how - you’re comfortable interfacing with engineers, translating complex technical concepts into everyday language, and working with SaaS systems
- Levelheadedness - you’re confident and calm amidst high pressure situations
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.