Samsara’s Industrial team operates as a startup within a startup and is designed to iterate extremely quickly to deliver new solutions that improve the operational efficiency, safety, and productivity of customers across industries including manufacturing, utilities, and energy. We’re looking for an energetic, flexible, and highly organized A-player to pioneer our foray into events in the industrial space.
As the first Field and Event Marketer on the Industrial team, you should love working in a fast paced, high performing environment and thrive on results. In this role, you will own industrial events end-to-end, meaning that you’ll develop our strategy from the ground up, plan, execute and measure all events for prospective and current Samsara Industrial customers. You should be ready and excited to learn about our solution to help you effectively identify high-value events and engage and educate prospective customers in meaningful conversations at the events you plan.
- Responsible for end-to-end field event program planning, project management, budget and logistics from initial planning to post-event program follow up, while collaborating across multiple departments
- Collaborate with the greater Industrial Marketing team to become fluent in the language of our customers, play a role in educating prospects at the events you plan, and ensure we have the right resources available for success
- Gain a deep understanding of the event landscape across relevant industries, including manufacturing, utilities, and energy to help build an events strategy from the ground up
- Facilitate timely lead processing within SFDC by creating campaigns, cleansing data, & working with Sales teams on lead follow up
- Own pipeline number for events, understand how to report on opportunities and pipeline, and utilize dashboards and data to evaluate event impact in both the short and long-term
- Own project management tools, documentation, event calendars, and process used for executing programs & events
- Drive excellence in the field event discipline, deliver events that impress and stand out from the ordinary and do so at a scale that can connect with the breadth and personality of our audience
- 3-5 years of experience in event/field marketing and project management
- 2+ years of marketing for B2B high-tech products/solutions
- 2+ years experience using SFDC
- Experience using a marketing automation platform (Marketo, Hubspot, etc)
- 30-40% travel required for trade shows and other live events
- Strong communication, negotiation, and budget-management skills, with the ability to work across all levels of an organization
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment and run multiple concurrent project demands within established timelines
- Passion for results, measurement and optimization to continuously drive ROI
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.