Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara’s Director of Operations will be responsible for forward and reverse logistics, fulfillment operations, customs clearance, import/export classifications, global operations expansion, inventory management, operational IT systems integrations, and hardware refurbishment. He/she will manage and grow Samsara's existing team of Operations Associates, and will analyze Samsara’s operational costs and data to identify issues and opportunities, design and implement operational solutions to real business problems.
This role offers an opportunity to make business-critical decisions that will minimize operational costs while continuing to increase Samsara’s operational speed, efficiency and customer experience. This is a dynamic position with focus on analysis, decision making, process design and execution across all areas of the business. This position will report to the EVP of Finance, Hardware and Operations.
Proven analytical and communication skills are required, and a quantitative or technical background is a big plus.
A Director, Operations may work on:
- Designing and driving Samsara’s fulfillment, reverse logistics, and global logistics to achieve KPIs
- Managing our fast-growing operations team
- Project-manage key business systems integrations (familiarity with Netsuite, Zendesk, Salesforce a plus)
- Visualize and implement processes needed for operational scaling
- Build out European operations team & infrastructure
- Effectively lead cross-departmental operations initiatives
- Analyze & negotiate operational costs across fulfillment, reverse logistics and global logistics
- Communicate operations progress and status effectively to executive team and cross-functional leadership
- Translate hiring plans and cost goals into the company’s operating model to understand impacts to cash flows and profitability
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hiring, developing, and leading an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years of combined experience in consulting and hands-on operations
- Degree in operations, engineering, finance, or economics. MBA or CPA preferred
- Excellent operations modeling and analysis skills
- Strong understanding of Netsuite, Salesforce, Tableau and programming capabilities
- Experience collaborating and delivering analysis to executives
- Experience preparing departmental budgets, OKRs
- Track record of success delivering on operational projects
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.