Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara’s Product Design team is responsible for crafting user-friendly features, workflows, and interfaces that our customers use every day to run their operations. This involves talking to users, working with engineers and product managers to understand problems, rapidly designing and iterating on mocks and user flows, and communicating ideas effectively to stakeholders. We also build design systems that underpin all our products to ensure a consistent and cohesive user experience.
We’re looking for an experienced product design manager who will help to build out an already high-caliber group of designers and help shape the product experience for all our customers.
A Manager, Product Design - Core Fleet will work on:
- Defining and driving the product design strategy for your product area
- Driving high-quality product design work in alignment with our company mission and goals
- Creating and refining tools, systems and processes that improve team health and product quality
- Collaborating effectively with cross-functional partners to deliver a best-in-class experience
- Hiring, developing, and leading an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would have:
- 2 or more years of product design management experience
- 2-4 years of product design experience (supported by a portfolio)
- BA/BS degree in design, HCI or related field OR equivalent practical experience
- Experience building design teams
- Strong understanding of human-centered design practices
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in driving and creating effective processes
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, and you’re comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to find a balance between optimizing for speed to market, iterating based on customer feedback, and providing a high-quality experience
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.