Samsara is hiring our first Employee Relations Partner to help us create a positive employee culture through strengthening our employee relations processes and policies. This role will be focused on conducting investigations and advising People Partners and managers to enable a fair and transparent process for concerns.
We are looking for an individual who has deep employee relations experience, strong communication and interpersonal skills to manage sensitive employee issues while maintaining a positive employee experience, minimizing risk, and staying in alignment to our company values and business needs.
Samsara is a fast-growing environment where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company. This is a full time position at our office in Potrero Hill, and includes Lyft/Uber commuter benefits, stock options, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Advise, mentor, and guide all levels of management around complex employee relations decisions such as business conduct, performance management, terminations, HR policies, guidelines, and practices
- Conduct and lead complex workplace investigations related to employee claims
- Advise leaders and People Partner teams throughout investigation process
- Evaluate and review employment decisions in response to employee concerns
- Interpret policies and procedures, incorporating knowledge of international, state and federal employment laws (i.e. ADA, FMLA, EEO, hearings) and provide recommendations to resolve complex employee relations issues
- Analyze data to identify insights and opportunities to improve practices and policies, in order create a positive work environment
- Advocate for an inclusive workplace as part of our broader Diversity & Inclusion programs.
- Create and conduct training on management best practices and HR policies at various locations companywide
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience. JD preferred.
- 5+ years direct experience coaching leaders and resolving employee relations issues
- Passion to act with a quick pace and urgency, yet balanced with thoughtful, pragmatic, and outcome oriented mindset
- Ability to manage sensitive, emotionally charged situations with calmness and empathy while driving to resolution in the best interest of the company
- Proven ability to manage sensitive information with absolute confidence and professionalism
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
- High growth global company experience preferred
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.