Samsara builds an extensive set of hardware devices, including battery-powered, wireless environmental sensors, Linux -based IoT gateways, and internet-connected dash cameras. We are passionate about solving new customer challenges and expanding our portfolio of available offerings. Samsara’s Industrial Team operates as a startup within a startup and is designed to iterate extremely quickly to deliver new products for new customers with a spectrum of challenges across industries including manufacturing, energy, and utilities. As part of delivering new product lines to new markets, the Industrial Team discovers and identifies customer challenges every day and structures solutions and product iterations to meet those challenges. This is a field position and we are open to candidates based across the U.S.
As a Sales Engineer on the Industrial Team you will:
- Become an expert on Samsara’s industrial products and how best to deploy and adapt them for a variety of customer challenges
- Engage daily a variety of customers across industries to discover and understand their challenges and apply Samsara solutions to solve them
- Experiment with and test new and potential products to understand their advantages, limitations, and deployment requirements
- Visit customers and install equipment in manufacturing spaces while engaging customer stakeholders
- Provide feedback to Product Management on what works and what doesn’t about new products, and the nuances of customer operations
- Own and drive relationships with operational audiences of all kinds — from SCADA engineers to plant managers — to understand business objectives and translate requirements into solutions.
- Work on a small, focused team growing a new business, 20 feet from our co-founders, Product Management, Sales, and Engineering
An ideal candidate:
- A capable engineer with experience understanding, using, building, or testing software/scripting applications
- Experienced speaking with and engaging important stakeholders to understand problems and business challenges (enterprise customers is preferred)
- Demonstrates a tenacity to test, understand, and deploy technical solutions and products
- Great communication skills who can demonstrate complex or technical concepts to technical and non-technical customers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to find and explore new technical products and concepts in order to understand potential technical solutions and customer opportunities
- Experience with hands-on / tinkering work that reflects an ability to install industrial solutions side-by-side with customers when required
- Minimum 5+ year of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or support capacity
- Previous hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments
- Consistent track record selling, deploying, and working with technical products
- Well versed in one of the following: cloud software, networking, automation and control systems
- Tinkering with hardware gadgets, sensors, or vehicles is a plus
In your first week, you'll:
- Travel to Samsara HQ in San Francisco for a week of New Hire Training
- Attend a variety of different onboarding sessions, where you'll: receive a thorough introduction to our leadership team. be immersed in our product offerings and meet our CEO, Sanjit Biswas, in a "Samsara 101" class
- Meet your team and fellow new hire cohort
- Shadow cold-calls, product demos, etc.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.