Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara is a fast-paced, creative, and customer-oriented tech company. We are looking for a smart, ambitious and experienced Senior Accounts Payable Accountant to support the business. This opportunity requires an experienced individual with high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and an enthusiastic attitude. Candidates must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, thrive in a highly driven environment, enjoy learning new skills, procedures, and systems, and have an overall desire to contribute to company growth.
This is a full-time position at our headquarters in Potrero Hill in San Francisco and includes Lyft/Uber commuter benefits, stock options, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision benefits.
Senior AP Accountant:
- Handle invoices in multi-currency from domestic and international vendors.
- Provide insights into streamlining processes and implementing new tools
- Monitor, maintain and enhance internal controls in relation to the Accounts Payable function
- Provide payables KPI's and other metrics for measuring efficiencies to senior management
- Review AP Invoice Aging.
- Ability to process high volume of data accurately and efficiently.
- Review/prepare JE and related account reconciliations.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and recommend changes and improvements to the accounts payable processes and systems to ensure scalability
- Experience with implementing new systems
- Work closely with individuals at all levels of the Company to ensure timely and appropriate processing of invoices and payments and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Manage the weekly payments runs to ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Manage annual 1099 reporting.
- Quarterly sales and use tax calculations and fillings.
- Maintain accounts payable customer files.
- Administration of the Corporate Credit Card and Expensify.
- Assist with accounting projects as needed, including Month-End close and annual external audit.
- Be a mentor for junior members of the team.
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting.
- 4+ years Accounts Payable or accounting experience desired.
- Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of operational accounting processes.
- Must be able to meet or exceed deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively.
- Experience with NetSuite, SFDC, and intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred
- Critical thinker, able to implement scalable processes.
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience in SaaS based Start-ups
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.