Samsara is a fast-paced, creative, and customer-oriented tech company located in the Potrero Hill District of San Francisco. We are looking for a smart, ambitious and experienced Senior Accounts Payable Accountant to support the business. This opportunity requires an experienced individual with high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and an enthusiastic attitude. Candidates must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, thrive in a highly driven environment, enjoy learning new skills, procedures, and systems, and have an overall desire to contribute to company growth.
This is a full-time position at our office in Potrero Hill, and includes Lyft/Uber commuter benefits, stock options, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Review, analyze and respond to external/internal supplier inquiries.
- Handle invoices in multi-currency from domestic and international vendors.
- Review AP Invoice Aging.
- Ability to process high volume of data accurately and efficiently.
- Work closely with individuals at all levels of the Company to ensure timely and appropriate processing of invoices and payments and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Manage the weekly payments runs to ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Assist in maintaining vendor files, including collecting required vendor W-9 forms.
- Manage annual 1099 reporting.
- Request and review vendor statements and work directly with vendors to resolve discrepancies and respond to inquiries, including questions on POs and payments.
- Quarterly sales and use tax calculations and fillings.
- Maintain accounts payable customer files.
- Prepare JE and related account reconciliations.
- Help implementing process improvements by gaining a better understanding of the systems.
- Administration of the Corporate Credit Card and Expensify.
- Assist with accounting projects as needed, including Month-End close and annual external audit.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting.
- 3+ years Accounts Payable or accounting experience desired.
- Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of operational accounting processes.
- Must be able to meet or exceed deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively.
- Experience with NetSuite, SFDC, and intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred
- Critical thinker, able to implement scalable processes.
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience in SaaS based Start-ups
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.