Samsara’s Internet of Things solution – which includes fleet technologies ranging from GPS tracking to route optimization to AI-powered dash cameras – is being adopted by thousands of new customers every quarter, helping them improve the safety, efficiency, and quality of their operations.
Samsara is looking for a Director, Total Rewards to orchestrate industry leading and innovative rewards programs to ensure that Samsara continues to hire and develop the best talent in the world. This is a full time position at our office in Potrero Hill, and includes commuter benefits, equity compensation, 401k match, medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Build a great Total Rewards Team
- Build, lead and develop a great global Total Rewards team to support the business and growth plans.
- Total Rewards Program Execution:
- Lead all global compensation processes and programs (base and variable pay, merit, promotions, equity, etc.).
- Lead our global international compensation and benefits programs for the organization, while streamlining plans where applicable and ensuring compliance with local employment regulations
- Identify functionality and business rules for the architecture of the HRIS compensation module.
- Total Rewards Design:
- Design and continuously optimize compensation and benefit initiatives that are aligned to Samsara’s cultural principles, and provide flexibility and local customization to account for cultural and market differences.
- Benchmark activities across all areas of rewards to elevate our understanding of our compensation competitiveness globally, and evolve it over time to meet the changing landscape of total rewards, including executive compensation.
- Drive a strategy and plan to ensure pay equity across all demographics
- Enablement & Collaboration
- Partner with People Operations, Recruiting, Finance, and Leadership to understand needs related to compensation and benefits.
- Provide counsel, develop solutions (e.g., manager training for compensation conversations), and broadcast educational pieces and programs around total rewards.
- Provide subject matter expertise and accurately interpret, counsel, communicate, and educate People Partners, managers and executives on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretations, and job evaluations.
- Iterate and develop a comprehensive, effective communications strategy to share compensation information with all of Samsara.
- Work with the Legal and Finance team as well as the Board’s Compensation Consultant to design, update, communicate and disclose executive compensation plans.
- 8+ years experience developing innovative global compensation, wellness and benefit plans, and working with the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors of a publicly traded company to gain agreement. In addition, he/she must be fully knowledgeable in the areas of compliance, transparency and the latest Sarbanes-Oxley legislation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resource Administration or other related field; Master’s preferred.
- Demonstrated success in organizing a company for improved efficiency, while planning for the future management needs of a high growth, performance-based environment.
- Data-driven with a strong ability to analyze data, turning data into insights and action plans aligned with company goals
- Outstanding people leadership skills in hiring and developing talent
- Ability to deliver total reward programs that uphold the philosophy of Samsara as a whole, at scale compliance
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Experience with leading practices and providing external trends in compensation, benefits and HR systems
- Excellent priority setting skills with the flexibility and adaptability to respond to shifting business needs
- Expert knowledge of compensation and benefits regulations; working knowledge of state, federal, and global employment law
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.