Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for leading global activities related to the procurement of corporate goods and services including technology, marketing, facilities, etc. Supports internal business peers in establishing and managing purchasing agreements. This position will require a great deal of pro-active problem solving and extensive contract negotiations.
This is a full-time position at our office in our SF HQ and includes $200 Lyft/Uber commuter benefits each month; stock options; up to 4% 401(k) match; catered lunch four days a week; and 100% coverage on medical, dental, and vision benefits.
In this role, you will:
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the organization to strategically develop, implement and optimize sourcing processes and tools.
- Lead process and tool optimization and continuous improvement.
- Management and oversight of procurement operational services.
- Identify and develop a reporting structure for key performance metrics to measure success and drive continuous improvement.
- Conduct supplier analysis, evaluate potential suppliers, and support the overall supplier qualification process, develop and create sourcing plans, requests for proposal, and other sourcing documents, evaluate and recommend purchasing and sourcing decision to leadership
- Review spend analysis, assess and prioritize opportunities
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal results
- Measure and track internal cost savings performance to targets
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate has:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 5+ years experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, or partner management
- An extensive technology contract experience with Hosting, SaaS, Subscription and Cloud infrastructure providers strongly desired
- A collaborative style and proven track record of building successful relationships with stakeholders and suppliers
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in leading process and tool development
- A minimum of 1 year of experience managing a team
- Netsuite experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.