Samsara is a fast-paced, creative, and customer-oriented tech company located in the Potrero Hill District of San Francisco. We are looking for an ambitious tax professional to become an integral part of Samsara's dynamic finance team, working directly with the Senior Manager of Tax to oversee tax compliance and strategic decision making. In this role you will see all aspects of taxation applicable to large, rapidly growing corporations. This is a unique opportunity to see end to end compliance at an international, federal, and state and local level, and perform research and planning for complex tax situations with direct impact on the operations of the company. You will work closely with senior leadership and across the organization (Sales, Marketing, Growth, Engineering, Finance) to present and implement corporate tax goals/initiatives. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, analytical, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time position at our office in Potrero Hill and includes $200 of monthly commuter benefits; stock options; up to 4% 401(k) match; catered lunch four days a week; and 100% coverage on medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Assist the Senior Tax Manager in the global tax function including process, systems, and strategy
- Assist in managing the indirect tax compliance process, including monthly/quarterly/annual filings, ongoing nexus/taxability studies, and customer exemptions
- Assist with corporate federal/state and local tax compliance including tax provisions, annual returns, and quarterly tax estimates
- Manage the company's compliance calendar to ensure all tax filings and deadlines are met
- Perform research on tax considerations for entering new jurisdictions, including applicable tax credits and incentives
- Help plan and structure corporate growth from a tax perspective
- Draft internal tax documentation to be used by the company in achieving tax initiatives and understanding tax impact as applicable
- Assist the finance team with tax related items for monthly/quarterly book reconciliations/closings
- Manage applicable tax systems and software
- Assist in managing long-term and discrete projects with external tax advisers
- Assist in compiling and presenting tax recommendations to senior management
- Assist in taxing authority notice resolution
- 2-4 years or more of public accounting experience, industry, or a combination of public accounting and industry
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Willingness and ability to perform tasks at all levels, from detailed preparation to high level review
- Articulate in verbal and written communications
- High integrity and ethics
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters/CPA a plus
- Prior working experience with an ERP system is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approach of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.